Does “the Fatigued 40s” Sound Familiar to You?
What are the Fatigued 40’s?
My Story with Fatigue
What if I’m Tired, But I’m Not in My 40’s?
Lifestyle Hacks to Beat the Fatigued 40’s
1. Sleep is Your #1 Priority as of Today!
- Set a sleep schedule and stick to it. Make this your biggest daily priority and the rest will fall into place. Decide on a bedtime that works for you and a regular waking time. Do your best to stick with the schedule – even if it feels difficult at first. After a week or so, your body will learn the routine and adapt.
- Turn off electronics, screens, and stimulating material one hour before bed. Put work away until the next day and shut the TV off.
- Write down your to-do list for the next day before bed each night. This allows your brain to relax and settle for the night.
- Remove any distractions from your bedroom. This can include too many books, electronics, work-related material, exercise equipment, food, or items with lights on them. Keep your bedroom as serene as possible to train your mind for sleep.
- Practice nightly self-care. Start a bedtime routine that helps you relax, improves your health, and sets you up for a great night’s sleep. This might include a simple skincare routine, a gentle bath, self-massage, nighttime yoga, or journaling.
- Involve the family. Bedtime can be stressful for parents with active children who resist going to bed at a reasonable hour! It can also be difficult if your spouse has a different sleep schedule than you. Let your family know that you want to improve your sleep for your benefit – and theirs! Help everyone find a nighttime routine that they enjoy that will support you in your efforts.
2. Start Living Mindfully
3. Schedule Relaxation Time
4. Move Every Day
5. Ditch the Distractors: Sugar, Gluten, Wine, Dairy
Fatigued 40’s to Flourishing 40’s
Hi! I'm Angela
Acupuncturist, Herbalist, Integrative Wellness Consultant and Mood-Gut expert.
I want to hear from you:
Now that you’ve read my lifestyle hacks for beating fatigue, I’d love to hear your favorite ways to stay energized and healthy as busy women. What tips have changed the game for you? Where do you still struggle? Share your tips or questions in the comments and let’s open up this discussion!