Acupuncture: A Simple Remedy for Tricky Hormone Imbalances
First of all, what are hormones?!
How do I know if my hormones are out of balance?
- Unexplained weight gain or weight loss
- Changes in sweating patterns
- Difficulty sleeping
- Sensitivity to cold and heat
- New skin conditions, very dry skin, rashes
- Changes in blood pressure, heart rate, or blood sugar
- Changes in appetite, thirst, and bathroom habits
- Gut health changes, bloating, puffiness,
- Reduced sex drive, infertility issues, or menstrual issues
- Unexplained mood changes, anxiety, depression, irritability
- Fatigue, headaches, blurred vision
- Unusual hair growth or voice changes in females
The takeaway message here is that hormones are tricky! They can be at the root of many health issues – mild or severe. If you feel off, can’t get on top of your health, or your health issues are unexplained, it’s time to look at your hormones.
Hormones and Women’s Health Issues
Hormones and Men’s Health Issues
How can acupuncture help balance my hormones?
The best thing about using acupuncture to regulate hormones is that it doesn’t just force your body into the “correct” balance like hormone replacement therapy or medications. Instead, acupuncture helps your body make the natural changes needed to restore the balance itself. Because we are actually fixing the problem rather than covering it up, other related issues tend to disappear along the way and we are left healthier and happier for it!
The Most Common Hormonal Issues that Acupuncture Solves
Mental health and stress: Believe it or not, our mental health is closely tied to our hormone balance. Unregulated hormones can cause turbulent moods, depression, anxiety, insomnia, fatigue, and general emotional distress. Acupuncture not only soothes and calms the mind but works to keep hormones in balance to prevent these issues down the line.
Acupuncture + a Balanced Lifestyle = Hormone Health
Hi! I'm Angela
Acupuncturist, Herbalist, Integrative Wellness Consultant and Mood-Gut expert.